About Me

My photo
I'm a hand-holding, swing-pushing, story-telling Mama with a creative streak and a nurturing spirit. I like growing food and flowers (and people, hehe), sewing clothes and quilts, cooking and eating and running, a long, tight hug and the color yellow. I love date nights at home, spontaneous trips to the bookstore and hearing my babies laugh. I am indecisive, exaggerrative and I overuse parentheses. I am reflective and sentimental and quick to laugh. I think I still picture myself as a 22-year old, yet every year my life gets more fulfilling. I am still figuring out exactly who I am. :)

Sunday, November 18, 2012

You Can't Win Them All

Two years ago, I wrote about Noah's very first, most awesome and very unexpected 
Valley Championship victory.

They were the clear underdogs, with 3 losses already that season to their opponent.

This year, that story was flip-flopped, 
with Noah's team undefeated coming into the championship game.

We can say the referees weren't perfect- they couldn't possibly be, they are human (and I would never ever ever want to referee a CIF championship game of any sort!)

But the truth is, the other team came out strong, played really well, and earned their win.

Sometimes you get to scream with your kids as Daddy coaches his team to a championship, and sometimes you get to teach your kids how to be gracious runners-up.

Even if it is through your tears.

No comments: